OUR LATEST JOBS:
Chess Partnership Limited (company number 03476048) ("Chess") is committed to protecting the privacy of our candidates, clients and users of our website. We want to provide a safe and secure user experience. We will ensure that the information you submit to us via our website or through any of our offices is only used for the purposes set out in this policy.
The Information We Collect and How We Use It
Chess may collect your personal details, including but not limited to your name and contact details (together with your e-mail address) and other relevant information from your CV. On occasions this may also include - sensitive personal information such as details of criminal convictions and ethnic origin. This information is held, used and disclosed by us as follows:
1. to provide our services to you;
2. to maintain our business relationship, where you are a user of our website, a client or candidate;
3. to enable you to submit your CV for general applications, to apply for specific jobs or to receive job related information to you. Please see the separate section on your CV below which outlines additional uses and disclosures;
4. to match your details with job vacancies, to assist us in finding a position that is most suitable for you and to send your personal information (including sensitive personal information) to clients in order to apply for jobs;
5. to answer your enquiries;
6. to direct-market products and services, advise you of news and industry updates, events and other information. Where we do so, you will be able to unsubscribe from such communications;
7. to fulfil contractual obligations with our clients
8. We will notify you in the event we wish to transfer your data in order to explore job opportunities for you outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and we will give you the opportunity to withhold your consent to such transfer. Any such transfer will be in accordance with the data protection principles applicable under the European data protection laws.
10. to trusted third parties as part of providing our recruitment services. These third parties comply with similar undertakings of privacy and confidentiality as Chess.
11. to third parties who perform functions on our behalf and who also provide services to us, such as professional advisors and IT consultants carrying out testing and development work on our business technology systems. These third parties comply with similar undertakings of privacy and confidentiality as Chess.
12. we may also pass your personal information to, or allow access to such information by, our sister company Chess Executive Limited, who also provides recruitment services, to enable them to use your personal data for the purposes set out above, depending on which job you are seeking or the location where you are seeking a job.
13. if Chess or its business merges with or is acquired by another business or company, we may share personal information with the new owners of the business or company and their advisors and if this happens, you will be sent notice of such event;
14. we may also release personal information to regulatory or law enforcement agencies, if they require us to do so. We will also disclose your information where we are permitted and requested to do so by law; and
15. we may also seek your consent to collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for any other purpose not listed above.
16. our website may also use a website recording service which can record mouse clicks, mouse movements, page scrolling and any text keyed into website forms. Data collected by this service is used to improve our website usability. The information collected is stored and is used for aggregated and statistical reporting, and is not shared with anybody else.
17. Your information will be deleted when it is no longer relevant or up to date in accordance with the data protection principles applicable under the European data protection laws.
Curriculum vitae ("CV")
We give you the option of submitting your CV via our website or by providing your CV to one of our consultants. You can do this either to apply for a specific advertised job or for consideration by our recruitment consultants for positions as they come up. Your CV will be stored in the Chess database, and will be accessible by Chess recruitment consultants based in the UK. It will be deleted when it is no longer relevant and up to date in accordance with the data protection principles applicable under the European data protection laws.
You can update your CV at any time, simply by following the same procedure to submit a new CV.
Aggregate Information about Chess online visitors
We gather information and statistics collectively about all visitors to our website to establish, for example, which area users access most frequently. We only use such data in the aggregate form. This information helps us determine what is most beneficial for our users and how we can continually improve our online services to create a better overall experience for our users.
You have the right at any time to ask us for a copy of the information supplied by you that we hold. We may ask you to verify your identity and for more information about your request. We also have the right to charge an administrative fee for this service. Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request and will give you reasons for doing so.
If you would like to make a request for information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. You also have the right to ask Chess to stop using your information. However, if this involves a request for deletion of your file, please be aware that we may not be required or able to do so, particularly where your file also holds information about our clients or financial information that we need to keep for periods of up to six years, for instance that relate to tax matters. Where we are unable to comply with your request we will provide reasons for failing to do so.
Given that the Internet is a global environment, using the Internet to collect and process personal data necessarily involves the transmission of data on an international basis. Therefore, by browsing our website and communicating electronically with us, you acknowledge and agree to our processing of personal data in this way.
If, at any time, you have questions or concerns about Chess's online privacy commitment, please feel free to e-mail us at email@example.com or call us.
Chess is an equal opportunities employer and is a company committed to diversity. This means that all job applicants and members of staff will receive equal treatment and that we will not discriminate on grounds of gender, marital status, race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, religion or age.
If you have any enquires you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to us at our Head Office and registered address
Data Protection Officer
Chess Partnership Limited
Token House Business Centre
11/12 Tokenhouse Yard
City of London